IB Slow Execution Recently?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by macal425, May 20, 2003.

1. Does anyone else think that there has been a slight delay recently on an ES Globex order turning green using IB. I seem to be experiencing more slippage on market orders than I normally do. At first I thought it was my imagination but someone else in the chat room concurred saying that he had noticed a slight hesitation also.

2. cas

cas

I've had a hesitation on stock orders going green a few times today....i cancelled and re-submitted and they went live right away like normal. It has happened a few times so far.

cas

3. Momento

Momento

yes indeed..
    kind of frustrating seeing entries not executed, and than watch the damn thing run.
    Missed quite a lot of money.

4. FinStat

FinStat

Same here. Slow on the ES for the past week or so:confused:

5. Seems like this is a problem then. Question is, is it IB's problem or a Globex problem?
    Def, if you read this, do you have any idea which it is?

6. Momento

Momento

Don't think is Globex, because i have encountered alot of problem trading KLAC as well.

Tried buying by matching the offer and it will not execute sometimes. Exiting trades seems to be fine tho.

7. McCloud

McCloud

I noticed the same problem in the last few days, I thought it may have started since I upgraded to the latest version 793.4 fwiw...

8. McCloud

McCloud

called IB help and reported the problem, they said they will look into that, and if they receive a few calls they would look into it right away!... option zero on their phone menu if you care to report...

9. paulus

paulus

absolutely !

i am trading ES-mini; particularly in the first hour of trading
    (high volume) this probleem appears; cost me a lot in terms
    of slippage too; contacted IB via chatroom but they totally ignored teh problem; serverproblem ?

paulus

10. chisel

chisel

I think it's IB, although I don't have any proof, because a/c/e is slow as well.

#10     May 20, 2003