IB simplicity?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Redart11, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Redart11

Redart11

How "easy" and fast is the trading page on IB? I saw the
    demo.Is there too much to enter before placing the trade?
    If trading the mini's,can I buy and sell quickly?Is the
    demo a good or bad indication of the trading page?Please
    respond with the actual steps.Thanks

2. It seems like all we do is bitch and moan about the interface but in reality, once you use it for a while, you'll do fine. And it is getting better. It doesn't have many bells and whistles but hey, we're getting one cent commissions at IB and for that price I have no problem finding a data vendor on my own. Lately I've been using RealTick and I couldn't be more pleased.
    Best regards,
    Jim

3. Grabbit

Grabbit

The demo is a good way of finding out how the thing works.
    It does not give a realistic impression of order fills (regarding speed as well as price).
    On this forum you'll find lots more info about IB.

4. Turok

Turok

>How "easy" and fast is the trading
    >page on IB? Is there too much to enter
    >before placing the trade?

If you decide on the fly to trade a security that you have not traded in the past, it can be a pain to get a order in fast (though some on this forum have explained some pretty fast ways to make it happen, so it can be done).

If you are like me and you know in advance what you are going to be trading (I have a list of stocks that I have learned and am comfortable with) you can set up the trading pages and I don't believe it can be done any faster anywhere else(I have thousands of trades on MB, Protrader, Etrade, Tradescape, Tradecast, and I am faster at IB than on any of those)

JB