IB: Several seconds after cancelling an order...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Option Trader, Oct 24, 2006.

1. def

def Sponsor

The key words "OUTSIDE OF THE NO BUST RANGE". I urge you to familiarize yourself with the various trade bust rules of the exchanges. If outside the range, trades will be automatically busted or on some exchanges, price adjusted.

#51     Nov 1, 2006
  2. "Out of the range" seemingly is all relative. The Black Scholes value of the 60 calls, noting they were way out of the money, and noting the 50 calls (or less) could have been bought for the same $.05 is probably $.01. I.e. five times as much the was paid. I don't understand why that does not qualify for an automatic trade bust.

#52     Nov 1, 2006
  3. def

def Sponsor

if you were to make a market in that option, what market would you make? You certainly wouldn't be 0 bid at .01 for unlimited size? there has to be a certain degree of finality in a trade. If you make what you think is a reasonable offer, you can't be hanging around wondering if a trade will be busted. Sure B&S values that option as worthless. However, I still wouldn't sell it at a penny - simple risk/reward. This is why many exchanges will not bust trades if they are within the legal bid/ask spread required by market makers.

#53     Nov 1, 2006
  4. KS96

KS96

The Black-Scholes value is only theoretical (and wrong).
    The market value is what counts.

#54     Nov 2, 2006
  5. It'll be available at $.03 on IB's penny option arrangement.
    PM me if you want a "good deal".

#55     Nov 2, 2006
  6. newbbee

newbbee

I am amazed how someone always talks as if he is an experienced trader and knows what he is talking about, and yet doesn't even know about the audit trail ?!?!?

#56     Nov 2, 2006
  7. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Though, honestly, being an experienced trader and being experienced with IB's TWS are two seperate things. They should not be thought of as being connected.

Being an experienced trader and not knowing the vagaries of the instrument you're trading as well as exchange rules would be...

amazing.

#57     Nov 2, 2006
  8. Quite common.

#58     Nov 2, 2006