ib server down as of 11:55 Aug 16

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by liulala, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Direct such complaints to your "weak ISP".
    :cool:

#71     Aug 17, 2005
  2. Xenia

Xenia

And please fix those issues with ECBOT stop limit orders.

#72     Aug 17, 2005
  3. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

What issues?

#73     Aug 17, 2005
  4. No it was clearly a workstation/policy issue with IB.

The nice thing is today I got a personal call from them (George in Montreal) and we figured it out and that was nice.

Just wish I didn't have to learn these kinds of things at $200 a pop but what can you do, cost of high tech I guess.

#74     Aug 17, 2005
  5. Xenia

Xenia

#75     Aug 17, 2005
  6. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

I think it is the same issue - the customer not knowing that by default the order does not trigger outside RTH. Am I missing something?

#76     Aug 17, 2005
  7. 65Matt

65Matt

Samson, I have had the same problem - I was trading EUR (order was placed with Excel but I watched it activate in TWS). I had the stop in (not stop limit) and I watched in disbelief as the market ran past it. I had to manually close the order for a sizeable loss.

I sent them an email explaining what happened, with the order id #, and this was my reply (after 7 days):

"If such a problem occurs again please call the Trade Problems desk at 877 442 2757 option 2 at the phone menu.
    They have access to your account and can check any orders submitted to the system.

-Ben
    IB TAC"

This error, plus the frequent loss of feed, makes IB a horrible choice for API/ autotrading. I am currently looking at MB and TS accounts. I could not believe that TS has lower commisions on futures!!!

#77     Aug 18, 2005
  8. bnun12

bnun12

The stop limit order issues is that the order showed up in Audit Trail showed up in Pending Orders. Then disappeared unfilled.

Orders were set to trigger outside RTH.
    Many of them have filled outside RTH

#78     Aug 18, 2005