ib server down as of 11:55 Aug 16

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by liulala, Aug 16, 2005.

1. are we talking 850 beta?

#51     Aug 16, 2005
  2. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Yes, 850.

#52     Aug 16, 2005
  3. Hello:

I have a personal account with IB. Frankly I don't use it often, and this is the reason why. Although it has been a while since I lost my connection and services, when it does happen, I generally have to call their broker (RJO?) office to close a position. Cost to me that last time I did this was $30 I believe. In my opinion, IB should be paying that commission. But we all know how it is handled.

Steve

#53     Aug 16, 2005
  4. Actually any downtime I've experienced in the last 3 years has resulted in 100% net positive outcomes. I guess I can't complain.

I'm sure if you trade long enough it will work itself out to 50/50 positive/negative outcomes.

Yes it's annoying. but the reality of trading is such that if it is not your broker its your isp, or a thunderstorm or phone call distracting you.

#54     Aug 16, 2005
  5. this all sounds like abused wife syndrome ----- just keep going back for more.

what is the reason that everyone just HAS to use ib ---- is there no other broker that can be used due to the features ib has? it seems you are all going through mess after mess, week after week ---------- too tough to trade and fight continual "IT" problems.

#55     Aug 16, 2005

6. I don't see anyone else with an options/futures/stocks universal account with rock bottom commissions.

MBT and Tradestation seem to be trying but they aren't there yet. Their limited capital base may be one reason.

Cybertrader is still stuck in the 90's with their limited futures offering.

#56     Aug 16, 2005
  7. yes this is surprising to me how more brokers do not offer this type of product ---- there needs to be a better solution for the current ib users.

#57     Aug 16, 2005
  8. Steve46,

If you have a technology problem, which forces you to close positions by telephone, IB will waive the extra commission normally charged for telephone trades. So I think this is one reason to not yet give up on IB, and instead to stick around, and to try to persuade them to put greater emphasis on quality.

#58     Aug 16, 2005
  9. ktm

ktm

I'd like to know who you guys are using once you leave IB that has low commissions and a platform that's up 100% of the time. Please tell us all so we can quit bitching about IB for being down a few minutes out of every quarter.

#59     Aug 17, 2005
  10. zdreg

zdreg

good call. don't expect an answer because there is none except for a few prop shops(a maybe). if you should happen to come up with an answer let us know.

#60     Aug 17, 2005