ib server down as of 11:55 Aug 16

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by liulala, Aug 16, 2005.

1. rcj

rcj

yup.... i got data now.

thnx toadr

........ rj

#41     Aug 16, 2005
  2. Damrak

Damrak

Yes, that did the trick, thanks a lot.

#42     Aug 16, 2005
  3. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Today our primary ISP failed and we needed to fall back onto the backup. Last time it happened, I made a following post:

The back-end server improvements are already on-line.

The TWS improvements have been completed and will go into beta this week. (I wish they were fully rolled out before we needed them today).

As a result of today's outage some users may need to restart their TWS to recover all the services. Thank you for your understanding.

#43     Aug 16, 2005
  4. It's not supposed to happen.
    Ib told us some days ago:

"- the loss of settings, which coincided w/ this week connectivity loss is now understood and being rectified"

Don't complain or they will pin their Ib "RUDE" label upon you.
    :D

#44     Aug 16, 2005
  5. Babak

Babak

I had to login w/o SSL (otherwise I wouldn't get in)

And all my pages/settings are gone. :mad:

#45     Aug 16, 2005
  6. Damrak

Damrak

You have copies of them, in the other settings files.

#46     Aug 16, 2005
  7. I am done with them today. I have had enough. One penny a share gets pretty expensive when you include missed trades.

Ok, I will say it. IB is dogshit. Good riddance.

#47     Aug 16, 2005

8. IB is more concerned with sucking customers from CNBC advertising than reinforcing its current infrastructure imo....

Just seems funny how all of a sudden they spend $$$$ on advertising and their product suffers....

bye bye IB

#48     Aug 16, 2005
  9. on my puter, only a 5 min disconnection, but after that I could not get NinjaTrader connected. I am playing with it only, so no big deal, ZLT (my real life platform) worked just fine after the disconnect.

I can't believe that I am actually impressed with how fast they fixed this, but I understand that not everybody is that pleased.

#49     Aug 16, 2005
  10. DTK

DTK

I'm rather impressed too.

I didn't know IB had TV ads. What are they like? Do they involve the guy in the logo fllipping the bird?

#50     Aug 16, 2005