IB sent me email asking for routine interview, what is it?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trend2009, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ph1l

ph1l

Maybe that was a phishing attempt? Or, asking your date of birth might have been to help ensure it was really you speaking to them.

#31     Nov 16, 2021
  2. Sig

Sig

That's the other infuriating thing, they initially called me with what clearly met all the standards of a phishing attempt...but it was legit. I told them I felt like this was a phishing attempt and hung up, but then called back at their published number and it turns out it wasn't. Ironic since they had sent me a few months before some anti-phishing guidance which clearly said not to answer someone who called up...asking exactly what they asked me. Again the botlike human I spoke to had no answer to that.

#32     Nov 16, 2021
  3. Don't talk to them! They are trying to trick you and steal your trading strategy :caution:

;););)

(yes, it's joke)

#33     Nov 18, 2021
  4. IB fined by sec 1 or 2 years ago and pay more than 30 millions.

After incident they close accounts from countries like russia
    Block penny stocks sales, they will frozen your account if you buy or sell more than 10% daily stocks volume

Generally ib is a very good broker to receive and send money, after request wire transfer they send money after less than 10 minutes. IB accept deposits from many currencies and methods

Tradestation are more paranoid, some time ago tradestation frozen my account after 500 usd bitcoin deposit. Tradestation require many documents for approve wire transfer

#34     Nov 20, 2021
  5. Most stock brokers ignore money laundering or have few employees to watch. Foreigners cant open a USA bank account but can open a online brokerage account and transfer millions inside and out

Generally, self clearing brokers are more vigilant and problematic - schwab, tradestation, interactive brokers, fidelity.

#35     Nov 20, 2021