IB sent me email asking for routine interview, what is it?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trend2009, Jan 22, 2020.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

we had to do it once when account was opened with few partners. No biggie.

#11     Jan 23, 2020
  2. individual accounts under different names managed by me.

#12     Jan 23, 2020
  3. Have you meanwhile called IB to find out what their questions are?

#13     Jan 24, 2020
  4. not yet. all my accounts+managed accounts under other's name got same email. will call them in a few days to see. i got the email possibly one or two months, just ignored them so far.

#14     Jan 24, 2020
  5. Here are my thoughts on this:
    Send a written communication (by email or by ticket) along the lines of:
    "regarding your reference ticket #xxxxxx, please tell me what information you are requesting so that I can have it ready."

As it is from:
    documentsubmission@interactivebrokers.com
    then the hint is that they want documents.

(Probably you are not "allowed" to trade other peoples accounts - somewhere in the fine print without some documents showing your permission by them to do so and probably you can't technically do it even with such documents if they feel you are doing it as a business - without being licenced to do so. )

If the other accounts are all using your mailing address then the verification of address of each of the parties of the other accounts?

#15     Jan 25, 2020
  6. rockn

rockn

It could be also inquiry for AML Anti money laundering to verify where the funds are from

#16     Jan 25, 2020
  7. def

def Sponsor

These are usually routine reviews for AML/KYC. A quick reply is certainly appreciated.

#17     Jan 26, 2020
  8. How is IB going to catch crooks and comply with regs if they don't do this ?

Man up and call in .

#18     Jan 26, 2020
  9. Mike Tr

Mike Tr

So what did they asked you? And what were your responses? I got the same problem as you. Please help!!!

#19     Nov 15, 2021
  10. i forgot what I did but believe they did not interview me

#20     Nov 15, 2021