IB security token

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by HOBO, Jun 22, 2007.

1. rayl

rayl

Wow -- learn something new every day. The Gold behaves the same way (i.e., wrong PIN, no error).

#31     Jul 10, 2007
  2. gr8stock

gr8stock

Not reporting wrong PIN is important security feature. It will prevent bad guy to figure out your PIN by trial and error. Thanks IB for taking leadership in improving security. I actually bought stocks of the company that makes these devices, Secure Computing Corp. symbol SCUR

#32     Jul 13, 2007
  3. Yep, if you type in the wrong pin too many times, you will get locked out, the device itself will also lock you out.

Either way, if you lose your device you should be calling IB immediately to have the device disabled and your account locked.

#33     Jul 13, 2007
  4. I have two types of "secure devices"from IB.
    One is the electronic card described above with the 8 digit challange number you enter.

The other type (for a different smaller account) is called a "passcard"! The passcard (size of a standard credit card) has both sides stamper with numbers from 1 to 224. Each number has an alpha-numeric code assigned to it. When you have this card your challange number is two 3-digit numbers between 1 and 224, and you enter the assigned code as response. Naturall each passcard is barcoded and different from all others. A little faster than using the electronic device (fewer digits and no pin needed). Probably not as secure either, but OK for small accounts.

#34     Jul 17, 2007
  5. nonam

nonam

Well I got locked out of my margin account for a day.I think I screwed up with the "secure device" three times.Then IB started telling me my username or password was wrong.They havent been changed for a couple of years so no chance of that.If IB say there is a need for this device ,then I accept that.But I think its a lousy device.Tiny buttons,hard to read and it switches itself off.Did they make it small so it would go on a key chain or something?You treat it like that and it wont last very long.Any phone factory could have done a better job.:mad:

#35     Jul 18, 2007
  6. Xenia

Xenia

Does IB use different texts in their e-mails or same text ("Secure Device Required for TWS") for both types?

#36     Jul 23, 2007
  7. how to get the digital card with act balance below the require level?

#37     Mar 16, 2012
  8. JackR

JackR

Clarodina:

Try going to Account Management. Then Click User Management in the left pane, then click Secure Transaction Program.

I'm not sure if the Secure Transaction Program will be there as I already have a device and IB may not show that selection if they will not issue one to you. But it is worth a try. If all else fails call Customer Service.

Jack

#38     Mar 16, 2012
  9. I get out my device and enter my pin as soon as I hit enter for logging in(the account password) because if I'm too slow on the challenge and reply, it appears to time out.

Anybody else notice this?

#39     Mar 16, 2012
  10. JackR calling them to issue the digital for level below the require? would they agree?

they have log on on ip specific does the policy apply to dynamic ip?

#40     Mar 17, 2012