IB security token

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by HOBO, Jun 22, 2007.

1. HOBO

HOBO

How big is the package with Platinum device?
    Is it an envelope or box?

I hope it fits in a mail slot (1.4" x 7"), when I am not at home.
    IB should be providing an option to receive these via regular mail.

#21     Jun 30, 2007
  2. JackR

JackR

Lately they have been in very flexible FedEx "Padded Pak" Envelopes. If your FedEx delivery person is talented, the Pak can be folded to fit and pushed through the slot.

Jack

#22     Jun 30, 2007
  3. rwk

rwk

Mine came by FedEx and required a signature.
    [rwk]

#23     Jun 30, 2007
  4. rayl

rayl

No worries. Either do a signature release with FedEx, or when you get the missed delivery notice, call 1 800 GO FEDEX and ask them to hold the package at the local distribution place and go pick it up.

#24     Jun 30, 2007
  5. Catoosa

Catoosa

My FEDEX envelope was left on my open uncovered front porch without me signing for it. I was lucky to find it on the day it was delivered as I some times do not go out on my front porch for days. The envelope is waterproof which kept my token from getting wet from the rain.

#25     Jun 30, 2007
  6. HOBO

HOBO

I have found some answers here: http://rusecure.rutgers.edu/services/authentication-token-cards/safeword

Safeword FAQ

Q:
    What are the differences between a Platinum V1, Platinum V2, and Gold 3000 token?

A:
    Platinum V1: Older cards, distinguished by a gray bar running across the front of the card. Non-replaceable batteries.

Platinum V2: Newest version of the Platinum cards with replaceable batteries. Has an "L" shaped blue or grey sticker on the upper right hand corner.

Gold 3000: Functionally identical to the Platinum cards except in a small keyfob form. Non-replaceable batteries.

We currently issue both Platinum V2 and Gold 3000 tokens. If you prefer a specific token type you may request the type of card you prefer (availability is dependent on current inventory.)

Q:
    I'm having difficulty reading the token's display. Is that a "zero" or an "O"? Is that a "one" or an "I"? How can I tell the difference?

A:
    The token uses what we call a "friendly" display mode, intended to minimize confusion between similar characters. This includes numbers 0-9 and six letters. Only these characters are used in passwords: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A H C P E F

Q:
    The "on" button on the card does not seem to work and my display is blank/fading. What should I do?

A:
    The battery may be dead or dying. If you have a V2 Platinum card, you can replace the battery. Access the battery by unscrewing the two small screws on the back of the card and removing the battery cover. Otherwise, if your card's batteries cannot be replaced, contact Safeword Support for replacement.

#26     Jul 8, 2007
  7. thnx for the info , hobo.

looks like I have the plat v2.

gtty

#27     Jul 8, 2007
  8. jemaran

jemaran

I understand the problem with security but what Ib is doing is an insult .
    I could not log in because I made couple of mistakes in answering the challange after all it was the first day , I have more then 4000000 shares that I can not trade , I can not get to account manager because the system is locked , the tele which is supposed to operate at the trading time is on a message to call at the buisness hours I wonder when is the buisness hours ,,,
    This is a good co till you need them good luck to all the IB custumers

#28     Jul 8, 2007
  9. dont

dont

Hmmm I get this challenge notice the other day and I think. Oh where is that token I haul it out. Find the piece of paper with the pin on it. Type the pin in. Type the challenge in, type the response string in. Sorry no login something wrong. I try a few times. finally I phone support, the person on the other end leads me to believe that its another token that was sent to me in May. Now I am panicking because where is it. By now I have lost about $2000 not being able to trade. Eventually I get through to support again and this new guy knows his stuff and explains that, no there is no second token. Says type in your pin and hit the pin key. Asks me what does it say, I tell him and he says, your pin is wrong. And then it hits me I didn't record the pin, but a coded form of it. I uncode it and yeah I am in. That was of course having been locked out for two hours. For using the wrong code!

Moral of the story the platimum version 2 token doesn't warn you if you type in the wrong pin!

What you gonna do, waking up in the morning is risky.:D

#29     Jul 8, 2007
  10. sprstpd

sprstpd

This is a good thing, security-wise.

#30     Jul 9, 2007