IB"security"...nearly cost me my job. awful

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dac8555, Apr 13, 2007.

1. You need the STP to take out over 100k in a month, I think.

I'm sorry you've had a bad time with them.

#31     Apr 13, 2007
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Do you expect people to be sympathetic to your assertions when it is your own fault that you didn't keep up to date with the latest security measures at IB? If you had, you would have been enrolled in the STP program and you wouldn't be bitching right now.

You're missing out if you don't keep your account with IB, but hey, if you need somebody to hold your hand then maybe you should go elsewhere.

#32     Apr 13, 2007
  3. If you are not trading, why open a foreign broker. Why not just get a local broker at where you are? When you need the money, a simple short visit to you local broker office.

#33     Apr 13, 2007
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

If you want to overpay for your trading, be my guest. I have had an account at IB since they started their retail operations and no one even comes close to what they offer. Now if you need hand-holding, then IB is not your place.

#34     Apr 13, 2007
  5. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Actually you'd be smart to read (and comprehend) the posts before making such comments, as above.

First, after 3 weeks he claims he's only received $100K. At $100K/day requested it could have been completed in a week.

Second, requesting ones own money, isn't hand holding. Rather, it appears as if IB client service, sometimes lacking, was clearly faulty based on what's been posted.

Any knowledgeable trader knows there's more to "cost" than commissions. I prefer superior customer service and gladly pay slightly higher commissions on my trades.

#35     Apr 13, 2007
  6. And there is the Key word... Appears...

We dont have IB's side of things. We dont know the entire story, just his side. People can only repsond out of their experience. If IB hasnt given them hassles with regards to their funds, then what makes this guys situation unique????

What are the HIDDEN details....

#36     Apr 13, 2007
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

Did you read the rules on withdrawals on IB's web page? It is clear that this individual did not.

#37     Apr 13, 2007
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

By the way, I consider it hand holding when all of this information is clearly accessible on IB's web page and the starter of this thread either didn't take the time to read it or is just ignorant on the subject.

#38     Apr 13, 2007
  9. Yep.. your own fault you didn't get the STP device.. also seems kind of odd your big company couldn't come up with $500K to use until the issue was resolved, and sat around and "lost a ton of money" because you missed an opportunity instead.

#39     Apr 13, 2007
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Your interpretation is different than mine.

IB states "Customers without the security device will be limited to a maximum withdrawal of $100,000 per business day". The math is simple ... if you want to withdraw $500,000 then it could be done in 5 business days (without the security device). 3 weeks is a lot longer than one week and per IB's own statements the $$$ should have been sent to the client by now. The client shouldn't have to jump through hoops for something so simple as the withdrawal of funds.

#40     Apr 13, 2007