IB Security Device

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tyrant, Oct 1, 2007.

1. tyrant

tyrant

Hi,

Just received my device which is blue color oval shape about 1'' X 2". (is this the same for everyone?)There is only one small button. Really appreciate if someone could tell me what to do from here. I have not received any emails saying they have sent the device. There is an accompanying letter which says to activate it. In any case, it will activate in 7 days.

If you have activated and used this device, please tell me what to do as I am afraid any screw ups will just freeze my account and I can't access.

Thank you.

2. When activated you'll see a little space to place the numbers the device generate on the login screen.

You just put the numbers and proves that its you. As easy as it sounds

3. tyrant

tyrant

Do I just press the only button to "on" it? Do I press it everytime I need to log in?

I read from the IB website there there is even a PIN number for this device but I can't see how I can key in the PIN,(if any) cause there is only one button on the device.

4. Xenia

Xenia

No. Safeword "Gold" / "Platinum" have more than 1 button.

5. Bob111

Bob111

just do what chauncey1 told you in post above. if you don't activate this security feature, IB will do it automatically within a week or so. all you have to do is press that little button, and enter 6 digit number from device into window that appears after you press login.
    btw-it come with instruction, support phone number and email.:)

6. Does anyone know if you can opt-out?

7. Bob111

Bob111

we talk about many times...too many..
    you can. call 1-203-618-4006(STP hotline) they email you form, that you have to fill and fax back.

8. That sounds like the device that Ebay/Paypal uses.

With that one, you simply push the button and it shows a number. You type that number into the web page. These device are "synchronised" with the computer at Paypal (and keyed by account).

The IB device, at least the one I have, requires you to type in a pin, then a number that IB shows you. You then hit enter and the device calculates another number, which you type back into IB/TWS login.

9. Xenia

Xenia

10. IB is using these now? (generic, w/o the paypal of course)

[​IMG]

#10     Oct 1, 2007