IB Security authentication cards

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by quin8670, Aug 14, 2009.

1. usman88

usman88

You can do either of the 2

1)Call IB to give you a temp password and in the meanwhile mail you a new card. It will NOT cost anything

2)Call IB and have them send you a 'opt out form'. Fill it and return it to them. This way you will not be bothered by codes on login anymore (Not advisable though)

And btw if you get a new card, scan it and keep its copies on your desk(best along with hard copies)/email or PC(slightly risky).

#11     Aug 18, 2009
  2. Related to all this, my token device failed some time back. Some digits were disappearing and it was unuseable. Perhaps just the battery. But here were the steps to replace.

1) Call IB to report the problem. Answer multiple questions to get a temporary passcode to use during login.

2) Print out new device request forms and complete.

3) Send forms and old device to IB via registered mail.

4) Request another temporary passcode from IB since the new device didn't arrive within one week.

5) Get the new device and activate through Account Management.

#12     Aug 18, 2009
  3. lwlee

lwlee

You missed a 4th method. I have a SafeWord device that I'm still using. I believe it was one of the earliest token used. Just press button and a number pops up.

I thought it was because of cost that they went with the printed cards. I have 2 of those for my IRA accounts.

#13     Aug 18, 2009
  4. teun

teun

They will not charge you at all for a new passcode card.

#14     Aug 28, 2009
  5. We thought he was talking about the token device.

#15     Aug 28, 2009
  6. cstfx

cstfx

"We" knew what he was talking about.

#16     Aug 29, 2009