IB-Ruby 0.2 now available

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Raul641, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Raul641

Raul641

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that version 0.2 of my Ruby language interface for the Interactive Brokers TWS API is now available from the "Files" section of http://rubyforge.org/projects/ib-ruby/ .

IB-Ruby is an open source (LGPL, for you open source geeks), completely free (both free as in freedom and free as in beer, libre and gratis) software library which allows programmers to control the TWS from the Ruby programming language. This is the first usefully functional release. It includes two example Ruby programs: one to request market data for an issue, and one to display time-and-sales for an issue. It also includes the beginnings of a unit test suite.

IB-Ruby is still experimental and under development. It is specifically *NOT* recommended for production use at this time. I do encourage experienced developers interested in trading with Ruby to give it a try with the TWS paper trader or demo accounts. There is still a long way to go before this library is ready for production use. Feedback, patches, and contributions of new code are, of course, welcome.

Cheers and good trading to you all.
    R