IB retail pit access or not ???

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by local_crusher, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Def, you're beginning to sound like the Microsoft PR dept.

#31     Jan 26, 2006
  2. Hoi

Hoi

I just saw in Account-Management that you already can subscribe to the Quotes:

CBOT-Floor $55
    CME-Floor $35
    NYBOT-Floor $75
    NYMEX-Floor $40

(I have not tried it yet {a bit expensive for just checking how it works}).
    Maybe someone else has ?

#32     Jan 26, 2006
  3. Wow, that's a pain. It will be made fairly difficult to trade the contracts w/o paying the vig. :p

BTW, you've got a fantastic app with Buttontrader. Now if you'd entertain the idea of expanding those tick charts from 10min to daily.

#33     Jan 26, 2006
  4. Hoi

Hoi

:) :) working on it !

#34     Jan 26, 2006
  5. Just illustrating the reality that floor access will create for IB and IB's customers. For a bunch of people used to the relative honesty of electronic markets the NY Commodities Floors will be eye opening.

You're right about choice though. I don't trade coffee (or lumber) any more ... there are more straight forward ways to make a living.

#35     Jan 26, 2006
  6. Didn't mean to come off as a hard-ass, but I welcome the addition. I couldn't agree more w.r.t. NYMEX, COMEX, etc...

#36     Jan 26, 2006
  7. TGM

TGM

Looks like if you want pit quotes u got to pay the full load!

I wonder if you can put in orders without subscribing to the data? I would hope so. I aleardy get the data delayed on the pits and have found that is all I need.

#37     Jan 26, 2006
  8. ids

ids

You always can place an order without market data for whatever reason you do not have the data.

#38     Jan 26, 2006
  9. Please can you quote on the spread business? Will the order entry work for us or do we need to go to third party developers like buttontrader?

#39     Jan 26, 2006
  10. ids,

Would you guys consider a "non-live" data offering?

I sleep during pit hours and don't want to daytrade the pits with you guys but I would like to be able to eoday trade using IB.

Its helpful to be able to study the price patterns on 30m bars so a backfilled 15m (or longer) delayed data option would let those who dont want to daytrade the pits do the job entirely with IB tools.

Its free from futuresource so I would guess the cost would be low. Also it would be useful for anyone considering stepping up to day trading. What do you think?

#40     Jan 26, 2006