IB retail pit access or not ???

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by local_crusher, Dec 22, 2005.

1. One further question coming in my mind is about quotes: are they going to include them into the current monthly flat fee?

#21     Jan 9, 2006
  2. def

def Sponsor

I can't answer all questions yet so please be patient. I'm guess but believe there will be no additional data fees. However, if an exchange does charge for the additional data, then there is a chance we'll pass the cost on.

Routing: there are a number of ways we can and will route to the floor. It depends on our level of access and a number of other factors. A clerk/trader in the pits with a handheld is certainly one option.

#22     Jan 9, 2006
  3. I have just noticed that electronic CBOT's gold contracts's volume is about 11% of total gold (COMEX + CBOT) contracts traded.

Actually - according to John Lothian's newsletter - 5% of all soybeans contracts are already traded electronically.

#23     Jan 16, 2006
  4. JayS

JayS

Any news? Beta started yet (non internal)?

Depending on commission charged and execution time/quality could be a small shake up for the industry. Its one reason many people keep a seperate account from IB. If things go good I will keep very little somewhere else for backup (instead of more somehwere else for pit contracts).

#24     Jan 25, 2006
  5. def

def Sponsor

Getting closer but I'm afraid I don't have anything more specific to provide.

#25     Jan 26, 2006
  6. Not even some photos of pit traders stealing money from their customers? :eek:

#26     Jan 26, 2006
  7. LOL ... too true ... get ready for a whole new generation of complaints IB.

You don't get stops elected on electronic markets, prices trade worse and then better than the stops, and then the 5 minutes later when the price has collapsed to awful levels the coffee broker finally gets back from the toilet ... and you're in the toilet for $1100 a contract!

Or did the B'stard just pocket the difference?

#27     Jan 26, 2006
  8. will you be able to enter spreads? I think you can currently can enter some but limited way. Will that change if I can trade pit traded futures?

#28     Jan 26, 2006
  9. just21

just21

Just in time for the Nybot and Cbot to announce they are going electronic!

#29     Jan 26, 2006
  10. Nobody has a gun to your head -- if you don't want to trade pit contracts... don't.

#30     Jan 26, 2006