IB retail pit access or not ???

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by local_crusher, Dec 22, 2005.

1. just21

just21

Will options as well as futures be available?

#11     Dec 23, 2005
  2. ids

ids

They will be available. Our goal is to offer every meaningful contract. It does not mean that we will offer all at once.

#12     Dec 24, 2005
  3. svrart

svrart

I think IB will get a lot more business if/when they do this. Now they are becoming big league!!

#13     Dec 26, 2005
  4. #14     Dec 28, 2005
  5. these were listed.
    don't forget IB offers pit access for years, but the institutional side.

#15     Dec 28, 2005
  6. A ha....didn't realize that.....thanks.

#16     Dec 28, 2005
  7. Are you sure? The quotes are there (corn, wheat), but I don't think IB lets you trade them. I asked IB a few weeks ago, since I was wanting to go long on March corn back when it was just above 2.00.

I pulled up the quote, but could not make a trade. When I asked CS, I was told that corn, wheat, etc could NOT be traded yet.

Gimme electronic corn, and I don't care!

#17     Dec 29, 2005
  8. next best thing LOL

I guess if there is demand / volume for these
    energy contracts IB will be offering them
    at some point soon via the screen

www.nymex.com

-Exchange to Introduce Two New NYMEX miNYTM Contracts- this month !

heating oil
    gasoline

#18     Jan 8, 2006
  9. How will it work?

will we simply enter orders in tws that are transmitted to the pit trader with a handheld for execution/confirmation?

#19     Jan 8, 2006
  10. ktm

ktm

From Forbes.com last week:

"There are some fully electronic trading firms looking to hedge their bets on the demise of the floor-trading system. Interactive Brokers, one of the largest options trading firms, will begin offering clients access to a pit trader at the CME and the Chicago Board Options Exchange later this month, adding the NYMEX later this year.

Some clients want a human trader to handle contracts, especially those in the energy markets, says Steve Sanders, Interactive's managing director for business development.

Interactive has been resisting the move, Sanders said. "Our hope is still that everything will go electronic and the pits will disappear," he said. "

#20     Jan 9, 2006