IB Release Notes......Build 815

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BSAM, Jan 14, 2004.

1. why wont you maybe first THOROWLY read my post?
    I followed ALL instructions and I am with IB for years, AND DO KNOW HOW TO UPGRADE IB VERSIONS AND JAVA VERSIONS. (And I work with computers and code programs for over 17 years now)

I suspect the problem is that Swiss Servers (as Bernd hinted) do not accept SSL. That seems to be the only reason left.

#51     Jan 17, 2004
  2. BSAM,

Nice of you to come back to this. The funny thing of it all is that in spite of my old Java, the SSL thing kept on working all the time till about a good week ago. At that time I had not changed anything to TWS. It quit out of the blue on me! Nothing important, it's all solved now.

Good to you,

nononsense

#52     Jan 17, 2004
  3. According to the release notes for version 1.4.2_03, http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/ReleaseNotes.html the only difference is "Ship currently published CA certificates in cacerts file."

The problem started on 1/7/2004. The official version of what happened is available here:
    http://www.verisign.com/corporate/news/2004/pr_20040109.html
    and here:
    http://www.verisign.com/corporate/news/2004/pr_20040112.html

#53     Jan 18, 2004
  4. I wasn't directing that specifically at you. It was basically for new IB traders.
    Nothing wrong in sharing information is there?
    How many people do you know that buy software, put the cd in (or download) and install without even cracking open the installation instructions?

TWS has specific requirements for Java upgrades that newbies need to be aware of.

Chill out friend
    :D :D

#54     Jan 18, 2004
  5. zdreg

zdreg

"C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_03\bin\javaw.exe" -jar C:\Jts\jts.jar C:\Jts

is this correct string ?

#55     Jan 18, 2004
  6. ....that TWS does not operate in SSL mode when going through European servers? What is going on? No single guy at IB could yet help me either through chat or on the phone. The level of technical knowledge at IB is increadibly low, I am afraid.

I have followed ALL instructions to update to the new JAVA correctly and nothing has worked.

Thanks

#56     Jan 21, 2004
  7. mark1

mark1 Guest

I've been using SSL since its release and never experienced a problem of log in

swiss server, I'm from Italy

#57     Jan 21, 2004
  8. thanks mark for the info. So, seems to have got other problems as well with SLL.

#58     Jan 22, 2004
  9. so then you must be trading through US servers even if you are physically located in Europe. As being told by IB tech support now several times, traders going through European servers are not able to utilize secure SSL connections.

What I cannot understand is why they do not work to fix that (its now more than 3 weeks) and why they keep on promising me to transfer me to US servers but nothing has happened yet. Why can't they be clear about what they can do and what they cannot. I sent uncountable emails, talked uncountable times to IB staff over the phones and 95% of all people I talked to had no inkling of what the issue even was. And no one has ever put down a record of conversation that is linked to my account. So, every single time I call them I need to explain from the beginning.

Bernd: yes, I need SSL. Without bragging (why should I) I trade considerable positions and like to have this added security over the internet.

#59     Jan 22, 2004
  10. mark1

mark1 Guest

I'm sorry I didn't read this comunication from IB.

This is really weird, I'm sure I chosed swiss server during the installation of TWS, anyway i have a $ account (sigh) with IB , maybe that's the reason ....

#60     Jan 22, 2004