IB Release Notes......Build 815

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BSAM, Jan 14, 2004.

1. You can uninstall all the old Java versions with no problem.

#41     Jan 16, 2004
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

Yes, I also found this to be the case. It was not my login target string alter all. My login target is "system32" and my login string of C:\WINNT\system32\javaw.exe -jar C:\JTS\jts.jar C:\JTS turned out to be correct for my system and works very fast after IB got their end working properly.

#42     Jan 16, 2004
  3. bouncer

bouncer

Yea I got that message too. A couple of YM stops failed to trigger after that. ????

#43     Jan 16, 2004
  4. Hi all,

After installing j2rel1.4.2_03 everything is OK. I didn't have to reinstall TWS v815 to get SSL going.

Thank you to everybody! Your information was quite helpful. In fact, like many of you I had a version of long ago sitting in the .\WINDOWS\system32 directory that I was pointing to unaware of this. Somehow during the successive upgrades the directory got switched to the. \Program Files directory without that I was alerted to this pointer problem. This thread was very useful to me!

PS: don't forget to uninstall older Javas before installing the latest one. I you don't you will have to start over again.

Thanks again.

nononsense

#44     Jan 16, 2004
  5. Catoosa

Catoosa

I bet you have windows 2000 with Service Pack 4.

#45     Jan 16, 2004
  6. BSAM

BSAM

#46     Jan 16, 2004
  7. I also experience huge problems over the last week in regards to SSL. Do not know whether this has to do with my JAVA or with the fact that I was moved from a US to a European server.

Here my question: I heard a rumor that trading through European servers, one cannot utilize an SSL connection. Is that true? In that case I would have to be moved back onto a US server.

If this rumor is wrong, then what else could I try to make SSL work? I tried everything suggested in this thread: I uninstalled all old JAVA versions, installed the NEWEST version, pointed TWS to start the NEW Java version and the like. NOTHING WORKS. Everything fine without SSL, but once I activate SSL, TWS wont start.

Any idea?

#47     Jan 16, 2004
  8. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

From all I know, SSL does not (yet) work on the swiss server.

But is it so important for you?

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#48     Jan 16, 2004
  9. Traders, you need to follow the instructions.
    In order to use SSL you must upgrade to the new java.
    In order to upgrade to the new java you MUST uninstall the old java first USING add/delete programs in control panel.

1) Delete old java using add/delete programs.
    2) Reboot
    3) Download and install new java. (disable anti virus/firewall first)
    4) Reboot (I did)
    5) Upgrade to new TWS 815.
    6) sign in using SSL.

Works like a charm. Not a glitch!

Also I am on a P3 733, 512 ram dual monitors and don't notice any difference in TWS startup time with 815

Thanks IB for the continual upgrades!:D

#49     Jan 16, 2004
  10. Many of us that have been with IB for several years already know how to upgrade, and the specific Java requirements (unistall old before installing new). This is second nature to us. For newbies, READ the darn help sections and installation instructions!

Too many people just point and click!!!:eek:

#50     Jan 16, 2004