IB Release Notes......Build 815

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BSAM, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Aye, thanks def :)

#21     Jan 16, 2004
  2. Quiet1

Quiet1

FYI just upgraded to 815.3 and SSL still not working for me...

I will upgrade my JVM (from 1.4.1) and shutdown and see whether that improves things.

Q1

#22     Jan 16, 2004
  3. Yes, I do. :p

TWS tries to contact IB´s "update server" to check for software updates before you see the login box. There seems to be no response from that IP since yesterday. The delay that you (and me) noticed is basically a "time out" (no response from update server). But I think they already fixed it.

#23     Jan 16, 2004
  4. Hi,

I just upgraded to 815. I can't get it going unless I uncheck the ssl box. No change for me. This bug showed up for about a week now.

nononsense

#24     Jan 16, 2004
  5. def

def Sponsor

make sure you have upgraded and are using the latest version of java -- j2re1.4.2

right click on the TWS icon, choose properties and look in the target field to see if it points to that version.

#25     Jan 16, 2004
  6. Hi Def,

Nice of you to help.

The Java pointed to is Version1.4.2_01 (build b06). In fact I have this version installed on several computers for at least 3 months and have not touched it since.

The little ssl problem started at once on each of these computers about one week ago. Upgrading to 815 did not change anything.

When logging on, the little screen keeps alternating with the main logon screen. Simply clicking the ssl check away brings TWS up almost instantly.

Thank you,

nononsense

#26     Jan 16, 2004
  7. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Try tp upgrade to Version 1.4.2_03.

regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#27     Jan 16, 2004
  8. I'll try this.

Thank you Bernd,

nononsense

#28     Jan 16, 2004
  9. make sure you people don't overlook this...

at first i couldn't get SSL to work, either...although i had the newest java on my computer. the problem was, the command line for TWS was not pointing to the new java.

#29     Jan 16, 2004
  10. When I open up the "Target" box from properties, this is what I get C:\WINNT\system32\javaw.exe -jar C:\Jts\jts.jar C:\Jts

In the 'Advanced" tab of Internet Properties, it shows that my system is using the latest version of Java.

Is this the correct setting?

Thanks

#30     Jan 16, 2004