IB Release Notes......Build 815

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BSAM, Jan 14, 2004.

1. chisel

chisel

yes, no problems with ssl now.

#11     Jan 15, 2004
  2. works 4 me

#12     Jan 15, 2004
  3. Catoosa

Catoosa

Yesterday I upgraded two different PCs to TWS Build 815. Now both machines take for ever for the login box to appear after I click on the login icon. It is that way on both machines. I could go have breakfast in the time it takes. Anyone have a clue?

#13     Jan 15, 2004
  4. def

def Sponsor

Do you have nodraw set?

"C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\javaw.exe" -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar C:\Jts\jts.jar C:\Jts

#14     Jan 15, 2004
  5. Catoosa

Catoosa

Thanks Def. I knew about that little tidbit, but I need a reminder. I will change my login strings and see what happens.

#15     Jan 15, 2004
  6. I went to the IB site for the upgrade, but noticed something very strange before I started the download. All of the links to download TWS s/w are pointing to interactivebrokers.ch (notice the Switzerland domain extension). Has it always been this way? Just want to make sure the IB site hasn't been hacked before any more of us download. Def, can you comment?

#16     Jan 15, 2004
  7. jebara

jebara Guest

Yeah i noticed that to, also i got one site in Germany, i just think that they have sites for different markets.

#17     Jan 15, 2004
  8. For the technically incompetent, how does one go about changing "login strings" ?

#18     Jan 15, 2004
  9. def

def Sponsor

.ch is our swiss server. downloads go from there to free up traffic.

to change strings: right click on the TWS icon on your desktop, click properties, choose target and edit the string.

#19     Jan 15, 2004
  10. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks Def :)

#20     Jan 16, 2004