IB refuses to refund Identity Token deposit fee

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by TedZhang8, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTS

GTS

Are you really claiming that IB doesn't know how to re-register a token that has been received after its been "de-registered"? Oh my.

#51     Mar 12, 2008
  2. I don't think that's what they claimed. Perhaps you should re-read it. Start with the part where he returns it 10 months AFTER his account is closed.

OldTrader

#52     Mar 12, 2008
  3. GTS

GTS

Really? How do you interpret this statement:
    Why is the device, even after being returned late, an expensive paperweight? It can be re-used.

#53     Mar 12, 2008
  4. candles

candles

what's this 'device'? out of interest.

EDIT: OK, I googled it. Interesting.....

#54     Mar 12, 2008
  5. GTS

GTS

Unless you have direct experience with managing a token system perhaps its you that should shut-up and learn something. Re-registering a token is as easy as de-registering it. It does not become a useless paperweight.

#55     Mar 12, 2008
  6. cstfx

cstfx

What exactly are we missing here?

- TeddyZ opens account with IB
    -TeddyZ tries to fund his account with deposits from multiple sources from different people
    - account flagged by IB as possible fraudulent behavior and has TeddyZ closeout account
    - IB attempts to return monies but only wire instructions are back to TeddyZ's acccount, not man1, man2, man3, etc
    - funds are rejected from TeddyZ's credit union account because name on funds do not match TeddyZ's registration and thus incoming wires rejected
    - TeddyZ comes to ET and probably a few other boards and bitches about how IB won't return money even tho IB made good faith effort to return monies based on TeddyZ's instructions
    - new alias's are registered during same time period as this drama unfolds singing the chorus of "Woe is Teddy"
    - Monies finally returned to rightful owners and account is closed
    - 10 months later teddyZ returns his token device and wants his money back (kinda like sitting in a restaurant for 3-4 hours and THEN deciding you don't want that steak sitting in front of you and you don't want to pay for it now)
    - account is closed for over 10 months so there is no way to credit back account for $150 token security deposit to owner
    - TeddyZ comes on ET and accuses IB of theft (serious accusations) for his delay in returning device
    - associated alias(s) join the chorus of "Woe is Teddy" once again
    - IB even after all this is willing to accept useless device* back and refund money directly to TeddyZ
    - TeddyZ doesn't come back to ET and admit his stupidity in the whole matter from funding to wire instructions to returning device
    - critics accuse those of supporting IB as being apologists or employees of IB (which if you think about it is kinda laughable since IB doesn't even have enough people to staff their customer service department and yet according to these lone gunmen theorists IB "hires" people to come to mssage boards to sing their praises)

Did I get it all? Pls jump all over me and accuse me of being an IB stooge. Please, be lazy and DON'T use search feature for my posts to see if I am an IB apologists or not.

* security device is no longer the security device being issued by IB so it CANNOT be reactivated. It IS nothing more than a paperweight at this point, but, hey, good research dude!

#56     Mar 12, 2008
  7. cstfx,

I just briefly read your imaginary assumption and ridiculous reasoning. You are either stupid beyond belief or an outstanding psychopath,

Not like you getting paid by IB to post idiotic crap here, I have to trade now. I'll take care of you later when I am free.

#57     Mar 12, 2008
  8. kiwi_trader,
    Are you brain damaged? I've told you not sending me stupid private message in previous post. Why do you keep doing it?

#58     Mar 12, 2008
  9. cstfx

cstfx

ok Teddy. Love it when people resort to name calling when they are called out.

#59     Mar 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.