IB refuses to refund Identity Token deposit fee

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by TedZhang8, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First thank "hoodooman" and "GTC" for your good advices and good understanding of the situation. I may have to take some measures you two suggested. I am pretty sure there are some IB people on this website, yet none of them volunteer to land a helping hand.

#11     Mar 8, 2008
  2. cstfx

cstfx

More like no one from IB here on Sat. Why don't you revisit this issue during trading hours when you are more likely to find IB people at work? I sincerely doubt they want to come here on the weekends.

#12     Mar 9, 2008
  3. What the fuck is this "Identity Token" shit? The more I read about these brokers, the more shit I found.

Another thread complained about IB not itemizing unbundled fees. If IB doesn't itemize those fees, why not call them "bundled"?

What? IB already has "bundled" fee? OK, why not call them "bundled 2" or "bundled 3"?

By the way, I haven't found this "Identity Token" shit on IB website. Is IB still practising this "Token" shit?

#13     Mar 9, 2008
  4. cstfx

cstfx

#14     Mar 9, 2008
  5. Thanks.

I am beginning to realize opening an account at IB is 10 times more complex than at Scottrade. I hope that $2 difference in commission rate is worth it (I do 1000 shares lot, will use Scottrade when I trade larger lots)
    On the bright side, IB doesn't require Series 7 :p

#15     Mar 9, 2008
  6. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

It really IS worth it :)

#16     Mar 9, 2008
  7. If you are legit, and they genuinely have debited you $150 that you haven't be able to get returned (because of being run around) after fulfilling their requirements on the refund, then contact IB Salvatore here on ET. He's an employee of IB and took care of me when I had a security token problem. There will be an internal IB papertrail and if what you say is accurate, IB Salvatore should be able to take care of you.

#17     Mar 9, 2008
  8. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

TedZhang8 - How is an IB rep supposed to help you? Who are you? Your ET name may or may not be your real name. Hard for them to do much with a name ending in 8.

I'd prepare an email with:
    - the date the $150 was debited (withdrawn) from my account
    - date you returned the Security Token
    - your account number
    - your name
    I'd state I never had the money returned and to please look into the matter. Then send it to help@interactivebrokers.com

If you want help via Elite Trader - Since your account is closed you could also post the same info here and maybe an IB rep would read it on Monday and help. The refund would be sent to your IB address of record so Baron couldn't modify the post and get the money sent to himself.

#18     Mar 9, 2008
  9. cstfx

cstfx

#19     Mar 9, 2008
  10. Sadly yes. They delayed returning some of my funds for as long as four months with the excuse of wire difficulty (take several onths to do domestic wire! Can you believe it?) and have not paid any compensation yet.
    I returned the Identity Token one and a half years ago and they still have not refund the $150. I don't know what kind of excuse they are going to pull this time.

#20     Mar 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.