IB raising intraday margin

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by riskymove, Aug 6, 2007.

1. No, what they are saying is that by increasing margin requirements they reduce the need for their computerized systems to close trader positions.

Each margin call probably costs time and money to process.
    Even if its computerized you still get confused traders calling up and asking what happened.

#41     Aug 7, 2007
  2. trendy

trendy

I don't know about other firms but Transact Futures has a daily loss limit. You exceed that limit and your positions are automatically covered, and you are locked out of making any more trades that day.

#42     Aug 7, 2007
  3. rayl

rayl

Kinda hard to close a position when a trading limit or a NYSE trading halt is hit.... We'd move in a flash to a broker who can do that.

#43     Aug 7, 2007
  4. No , time to realize that with morons like you as a customer , IB needs to do this kind of thing

#44     Aug 7, 2007
  5. sporky

sporky

so the last 2 weeks were not good enuf for you?!

greedy bastard...hehe

#45     Aug 8, 2007
  6. sporky

sporky

handholding for the babes <sigh>

#46     Aug 8, 2007
  7. How many of you crybabies has blown out in the last 5 days?

#47     Aug 9, 2007
  8. maybe a little late to comment; for the record my margin requirement during to day is now basically equal to overnight. for me it made no difference since i carry future option positions 24/7, so i always base my trading on overnight margin requirements. before the change, i had almost double the free margin.

#48     Aug 11, 2007
  9. galiano

galiano

From another IB margin change thread. Some good points, imo:

#49     Aug 11, 2007