IB quotes problems?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by michaelday, Oct 16, 2001.

1. def

def Sponsor

spoke to programming. they are aware and will fix.

#11     Oct 23, 2001
  2. Thanks, Def. I should have thought to come to you first. :)

#12     Oct 23, 2001
  3. fleance

fleance

IB Java TWS BEST_ECN quotes are seriously lagging/ erroneous today. Anyone else seeing this problem?

I have been trading EBAY VRSN CIEN MSFT AMAT and the BEST_ECN quotes are way off. I've had to fallback to my other brokers.

IB JTWS seems to be getting more unreliable lately with the outage and these bad quotes..

Fleance

#13     Oct 29, 2001
  4. Yes, my IB quotes were lagging at times. I noticed it most--and most severely--on INVN as it started dropping just after Bush's press conference began at about 3:00 ET. My quotes--both bid and ask--were at least ten cents behind, and maybe 20 at times, on a $15.50 issue. Worse yet, my stop limit order did not trigger even with the lagging prices having met the qualifications (two asks at or lower than my stop election price).

Otherwise, though, IB worked acceptably for me today.

#14     Oct 29, 2001
  5. Eldredge

Eldredge

I didn't seem to have any trouble until this afternoon, and then things went bad. Sometimes one side of the quote would be on and the other would be way off. It seems to be the same problem we have been having. I called the help desk, but they said I was the only person that had called, and they would let the programmers know about the problem. Executions seemed pretty normal, but I did have a couple take several seconds to go live. It sure is annoying and somewhat problamatic to have to check the quotes before entering an order.

#15     Oct 29, 2001
  6. gh1

gh1

Yep:

Quotes are lagging for me too. I have relied on separate quote provider, L2, and Market orders.

I am not fond of market orders on the NAZ -- but what are you going to do? I have put in limit orders at the inside price and they just hang. When i put in a Mkt order i am getting filled at the inside.

Really sucks IMHO.

regards/greg

#16     Oct 29, 2001
  7. Trader01

Trader01

Watched SURE all day. Quotes were way, way off. I am a little surprised this has been going on for a couple of weeks now.:eek:

#17     Oct 29, 2001
  8. emk662

emk662

If you open the log.txt you can find which server you are using. gw1.ibllc.com, gw2.ibllc.com or gw3.ibllc.com

My problem is not only the quote, but also the executions and loginning. Called IB several times, but only get some cliche responses. I notice that my server is gw2.ibllc.com. My friend's account uses gw1.ibllc.com, and his sytems seems to work fine.

#18     Oct 29, 2001
  9. def

def Sponsor

I just rec'd some info on this and it does not appear to be related to any IB server. An external source (I believe one of the ECN's) was running outdated code on their end. They believe that was what was causing the delayed quotes. The software on the other end has been upgraded and they believe the lagging data issue is solved.

#19     Oct 29, 2001
  10. Trader01

Trader01

:D

#20     Oct 30, 2001