IB QUOTES messed up?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by funky, Oct 16, 2003.

1. white17

white17

Lost mine for about 30 seconds today but have noticed connectivity problems far down the line for the last two days. I keep a TRACERT running so I know whether to bitch at the local ISP

#11     Oct 16, 2003
  2. Same here....frozen quotes for probably 30 seconds at a time last 3 sessions......

maybe Def will address this

#12     Oct 16, 2003
  3. funky

funky

whoa whoa whoa....you did what? why were you closing TWS while in a position? i guess this is called darwinism or something.

just remember murphy's law. if it might happen, don't tempt it :)

#13     Oct 16, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

I had no ZF, ZN and ZB quotes :confused:

nitro

#14     Oct 16, 2003
  5. I also observed frozen quotes for a couple of times lately. Yesterday, IB went down and became "pink" but came back within 20-30 seconds.

Chinook

#15     Oct 16, 2003
  6. In the last few days I've noticed that too... Can anyone explain to me why it always happens when I'm in position???

I hope they will solve this problem soon.

TM Trader

#16     Oct 16, 2003
  7. YES

I

#17     Oct 16, 2003
  8. What is also disturbing is that there is not bulletin on this issue during the day. No idea as to wether order entry is function while quotes are down or not.

#18     Oct 16, 2003
  9. that IB quotes for futures sometimes lag a few seconds

or a second or two.

any one else confirm this?

I am using cable modem with TWS ver 810.7
    this might affect the way I will scalp in the futures
    in the future

#19     Nov 10, 2003
  10. Guys:
    The folks over at IB (the ones you and I get to speak with) do not (usually) have a clue. So they tell you whatever they want to, to get you off thier back. The person who really make the decisions at IB is so insulated from our comments, and is making so much money, that they could basically care less. My suggestion is to look into one of the newer alternatives now that other brokers are willing to compete on commish. Advanced Futures anyone? I'm with IB for the moment, but I have to say, I am just one "screwup" away from pulling the account at this point. JMO.....steve46

#20     Nov 10, 2003