IB quotes died, NY dead for last 30 min +

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by stock777, Aug 8, 2007.

1. pkts

pkts

Umm, I had zero problems with IB data with GS, futures, LEH, IBM, GOOG today. Anyone else having no problems.

In Cali.

#11     Aug 8, 2007
  2. rcj

rcj

I was watching/trading the YM after eleven till close. Use ZLT hooked up to API. Didnt seem to be a problem.

But ... i do my own calc of Dow30 and it got screwed up after 3pm EST. In fast market this will happen occasionally. This time though, the feed was NOT just runnig behind. Some symbols just stopped getting the feed.

rj

#12     Aug 8, 2007
  3. sim03

sim03

Best / funniest question of the day!

#13     Aug 8, 2007
  4. gangof4

gangof4

i'm in CA also and GS, BSC and others are STILL frozen on my screen @ the same price they froze @ (190.23 and 119.54) over an hour ago. i've relaunched TWS- no difference.

#14     Aug 8, 2007
  5. pkts

pkts

#15     Aug 8, 2007
  6. Mine froze too. I was primarily watching GS and AAPL. Even SPY froze. The bid/ask were updating, only the last price and associated change columns were stuck.

I've always used IB. Are other brokers less "buggy"?

AM.

#16     Aug 8, 2007
  7. rcj

rcj

All of em get into problems ... just ck out some of the broker and data feed threads.

rj

#17     Aug 8, 2007
  8. Cesko

Cesko

Zero problems with futures.
    Chicago

#18     Aug 8, 2007

9. Same here, although the INDU did quit updating for several minutes (southeast).

I used paid data feeds for years, and I experienced more headaches with those than I ever have using the free IB data. Other than an few second occasional pink TWS screen, IB has been rock solid for the 2-3 years I have been using their data feed. No complaints here.

st

#19     Aug 8, 2007
  10. There was some congestion issues over the Internet today. Just run some trace-routes.

#20     Aug 8, 2007