IB Quote Problems

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Htrader, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Sunfair

Sunfair

I tried the web based version of TWS today and had same problems. Also trie earlier version and it lasted longer, but about 3:40p started breaking down showing negative shares bid.

#21     Mar 5, 2002
  2. i have used IB and for two days in a row now their data is well off the mkt, normally it is pretty inaccurate anyway, even their demo is more accurate!, I am seriously considering another REAL direct broker, IB doesnt seem like a real broker , many times on IB you cant even take advantage of wide spreads even though you post the best offer or bid, bettering by at least 1 cent. ib suk, their customer service leaves alot to b desired as well. they are a false economy esp when theyre so unreliable and cant take advantage of wide spreads,

I am considering mb trader as theyre 9.95 for unlimited shares , which is actually cheaper than ib if you trade more than ~1500 shares

#22     Mar 6, 2002
  3. #23     Mar 6, 2002
    #24     Mar 6, 2002
  5. I upgraded to 754.2 and encountered this today.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with alarms?
    I set an alarm for the bid on TYC MAR02 30 CALL BEST, and when it sounded I switched to the page and saw problems immediately: the bid size was -175, and the BEST bid was 4.50 while the best of the individual exchanges' bids was only 4.40.

#25     Mar 6, 2002
  6. Catoosa

Catoosa

Today, IB quotes on INTC were not keeping up with the market when INTC would make a fast run up or down. Hitting the IB bid or offer would not come close to getting the trade. I was comparing IB quotes to my RealTick data for pricing when the stock made a run. When the run over, IB quotes would catch up with RealTick. I have had this problem with IB quotes for days on fast moving stocks and it is costing me some serious money by not being able to "get on or off the train" when I need to. This problem only gets worse as IB's customer base gets larger. Reminds me of what happened with Datek.

Catoosa

#26     Mar 11, 2002
  7. def

def Sponsor

i was told v756 resolves the problem. There is also a newer version 757 which has been released for the browser and should be released for stand alone tomorrow which has a more robust fix to the problem.

#27     Mar 11, 2002
  8. flea

flea

I upgraded to 756.2 over the weekend and my quotes are working well again, no more sticking and freezing after placing orders:)

#28     Mar 12, 2002
  9. mskl

mskl

I have upgraded to 756.2 and still notice the quote delays on faster moving stocks. I have emailed the help desk.

It definitely is better than before but if you compare your quote data with a vendor you will see that IB is still behind when the market gets a little more active. This never use to happen.

#29     Mar 12, 2002
  10. stevet

stevet

could someone help me out on this point

when messages on here indicate people are having problems with their IB quotes

- do they mean that the quotes on their trading platform do not match their data vendor supplier?

- and if so

- why does this matter

- since if they put in an order to buy or sell - the order should just get filled if they have chosen market or get filled or not if they have chosen limit

- the fill or not fill is surely dependent on what is actually available on the exchange, not what is shown on the trading platform

i dont have an IB platform so may be missing the point here - but I am thinking of joining them - but I would always trade off my data delivery service - not the data on IB

#30     Mar 12, 2002