IB quote freeze problem not soved yet.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nononsense, May 18, 2005.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Admittedly the HK desk is not open during US stock trading hours, but the only calls/chats/mails we've seen this week have been about the Sydney Futures Exchange when the exchange went down.

These issues are often client-specifc and not system wide, so we can't solve them on ET. Please report these incidents to the helpdesk in real-time so that someone can resolve your issue.

#11     May 19, 2005
  2. Bob111

Bob111

i manually enter about 100 bonds into stand alone 843.7 TWS,save settings about 2 days ago-today they all gone.
    it hell of job,to manually pick and review every bond from about 3600 offered by IB, and it happends not for first time. what is going on and how to solve it?
    same thing been with previous versions.

#12     May 19, 2005
  3. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

TWS saves a backup of your settings file every day, in a file with a name like settings.Tue.xml. If you close TWS and copy the most recent backup file to settings.xml, you should be able to restore your settings (this includes the tickers on each page). If that doesn't work, there may be an error captured in your jts.log file. You should either open a support incident with the help desk, or send me your log file.

#13     May 19, 2005
  4. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you, Pete! i will try it.

#14     May 19, 2005
  5. Got a perfect TWS day today. No freezes! :)
    Given the fact that I had two successive freeze days earlier this week, could the following explain this?
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/discus/messages/2/28852.html?1116522803

One of these days I'll run a postmortem test on the timing precision of the IB quote stream as compared to exchange data. Didn't check accuracy recently. This used to be VERY GOOD ( :) ) some months ago.

#15     May 19, 2005
  6. alanm

alanm

Unless recent TWS versions have changed in this regard, your ticker definitions are in jts.pg, which is saved daily in files like jts.Mon.pg, jts.Tue.pg, etc., and can be restored with File->Restore Page File.

Also, I start TWS from a batch file that zips up all the important files (.pg, settings, execs, etc.) and saves them in an archive directory. They take very little space and you can purge them periodically if needed.

#16     May 19, 2005
  7. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

That's correct, but the jts.pg file is now obsolete.

#17     May 20, 2005
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Quotes frozen about three times in last half hour. Using TWS 846.4 browser based version. Anyone else?

#18     May 23, 2005