IB Quits options game!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by SoesWasBetter, Mar 8, 2017.

1. BOOM!

IB says uncle to making options markets.

Just hit the wire

MoreLeverage likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Can you post a link?

3. Amtd news feed not linkable

4. Wonder how the market takes this. Bullish, bearish, saw it coming?

5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

A quote from the bbg article.

"Today retail order-flow is purchased by large order internalizers and joining them would represent a conflict we do not wish to have. On the other hand, providing liquidity to sophisticated, professional synthesizers of short-term fundamental, technical and big data is not a profitable activity."

6. ajacobson

ajacobson

7. ixus

ixus

8. JSOP

JSOP

Is this the news that you are referring to?

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/why-be-market-maker-when-you-can-just-be-hft-scalper

It's really strange when I click on the link that says "tidbit by the WSJ" I reached a page that says "That article does not exist or is currently not available". And I searched over the Internet and there is no such information that says IB's quitting making market in options.

And I can't see why since their Timber Hill is making money from order flows AND get better market spread from making market unless they are afraid the regulators is finally cracking down them for the potential conflict of interest in trading against their clients.

9. Let's face it , IB made the big bucks when they had the big tech edge for decades.

That candy has left the station long ago.

10. Yep, Im referring to news from 2010. I have a real slow news feed. Hows Nixon doing?

#10     Mar 8, 2017
    VPhantom, poorboy and ixus like this.