IB problems???

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gober, May 25, 2011.

1. def

def Sponsor

I don't have full details so I can't offer much except that there seems to be an issue with one of the historical data servers for FX. I was told that if you leave the chart up, it will load in a few minutes. There are no issues with real time data which is operating normally.

#11     May 26, 2011

2. Thanks def, appreciate the response. For me this is a rarity so I'm not up in arms. Real time just had a big burp but it was running ok.

Leaving the chart up to load works except if you have indicators it takes ages to get the calculations working again. Refreshing brings me back to square one again, which means every time I test to see if it's repaired I'm stuffed.

Hopefully IB will get this cracked for the next session.

I would be grateful for an update when it is fixed so I don't kill my charts trying to refresh (it leaves holes in the data)

#12     May 26, 2011
  3. gober

gober

Had a chat with one of IB's reps and he said the problem is with their forex server. It is known to them and currently being fixed.

#13     May 26, 2011
  4. Wish I had seen this earlier. Ninja got hung up and when I rebooted I lost all my workspaces. Of course, it takes about a htousand friggin' mpouse clicks on ninja to recreate a chart.

#14     May 26, 2011
  5. Tech Supt says Fx server still down and it affects all other contracts charts if any Fx charts are open. So if you are trading ES etc. and you have an Fx chart open, close the Fx charts.

No time can be given on the Fx server repair.

#15     May 26, 2011
  6. just21

just21

Tried a new workspace in multicharts with no fx but still no es.

#16     May 26, 2011
  7. dcvtss

dcvtss

ES intraday backfill is still spotty for me too

#17     May 26, 2011
  8. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

We posted this message on the system status page:

Some traders may be having difficulty loading charts for Forex pairs. If a Forex chart is left open, this may prevent charts for other securities from loading properly. We are aware of this issue and expect a resolution shortly.
    Traders experiencing this issue should close all Forex chart windows. This should prevent issues with loading other charts (stock, futures, etc).

All other IB systems are operating normally.

#18     May 26, 2011
  9. gober

gober

New day, 2hrs after forex "opens" and still IB has forex charting problems. This time they don't have the time limit when the problem will be fixed. Even for IB, this is so unlike them. Take a day off everyone.

#19     May 26, 2011
  10. If you leave the chart up long enough it eventually loads but will have some gaps. Don't change timeframes once its up or its back to square one unfortunately :(

#20     May 26, 2011