IB Problems This Morning?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Eldredge, Oct 6, 2008.

1. nassau

nassau

just a point of interest for those traders looking at IB or persons interested in trading.

one of the good things about IB is that their tws demo is real time. If a new trader is about to go live at least they will have had good training with dealing with the real market.
    Part fills, freezing, internet etc are a daily reality of our business and I am thank full a trader has the opportunity to deal with these real issues in real time.

We had no issues with IB the last 30 minutes of the day and the rally. In fact ,IB accepted orders the executions we fast as were the exits with the volitility.

w

#11     Oct 6, 2008
  2. Tums

Tums

Their Demo system is NOT real time.

Their papertrading account is.

#12     Oct 6, 2008
  3. nassau

nassau

\

I am assuming we are saying the same thing.

Paper trading is still a demo. If I am wrong sorry for any misunderstanding but the simulated account the traders practice on says demo across the screen and is in real time?

I appreciate the post and will check into it tomorrow as now you have my curiousity.

w

#13     Oct 6, 2008
  4. You are probably not saying the same thing.

The "wrong" demo account is the publically usable demonstration of what TWS is. The data is thin, off, and only there to show how tws works not as good data (probably to stop people freeloading on ib without a customer account). You log in with edemo and demouser (or something similar).

The "good" demo account is the paper trader account available only to people with existing accounts. Its designed to give tws functionality, good data. and a reasonable sim of trade entry and exit.

#14     Oct 6, 2008
  5. nassau

nassau

that is what I am saying.
    I did not realize there were 2 demo's with IB.
    we are a long time customer of IB with many accounts under several umbrella's.
    I was / am speaking about the demo ? papertrading account that is in real time.
    Unfortunately IB offers 2 types of demo's?

Regardless, I am thankful that IB offers the ability to new traders prior to being live an op at seeing the real world of trading with all it's daily issues via a demo account.

w

#15     Oct 6, 2008
  6. can anyone tell me the keyboard command to reset TWS? i forgot it..
    something like control+E or control+alt + E .. just can't remember

:(

[edit]
    found it
    ctrl + alt + R

:cool:

#16     Oct 6, 2008