ib problems 10/10

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by fleance, Oct 10, 2001.

1. fleance

fleance

The last hour, my BEST_ECN quotes went haywire. The bid and ask were all over the place. This problem was posted on ib's status page:
    http://status.interactivebrokers.net/statuscgi/bb_status.pl

Here is what they said:
    "15:35 EST We are experiencing delayed quotes on some US equities. All other IB systems are fucntioning normally.
    Please be advised: Market data is incorrect from the Island ECN."

I tried working around this by entering limit orders on the stocks based on quotes I was getting through qcharts, but the orders didn't execute, so I was forced to switch to my backup broker.

Also, starting in build 722d and also 722e, when I buy/sell a stock, i noticed profit&loss column is drastically wrong *until* the position column is updated. Sometimes the position column (and account page) is not updated for 30 seconds. It is a bit disconcerting when you expect to see $100 profit, and instead see -$3234 loss. Has anybody else noticed this problem?

Fleance

2. ddefina

ddefina

I didn't notice any problems, but luckily I had all my stocks purchased in the morning. That seemed to be pretty heavy volume towards the end.

3. thomas

thomas

Fleance,

I experienced exactly the same problems (all three) you mentioned. QCharts however seems to be performing rather well lately. Who is your backup broker?

4. Eldredge

Eldredge

I have been experiencing the exact same problems. It can be very frustrating. Also, when the position finally updates, it kills any order modifications I'm working on. For example, if I have an order highlighted and I'm changing the price with the hot-keys, when the position updates it "de-selects" the order, and I have to highlight it again. This can be very frustrating if the market is moving quickly.:confused: