IB problem: anyone seeing this today?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ssrrkk, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

My algo sent in several limit orders on a number of stocks and it is hanging there so far for 10 minutes unacknowledged. When I go into TWS, those orders have a light blue box in the status column. When I mouse over those boxes, it says "Transmitted, not yet acknowledged". Not sure why this is happening today all of a sudden on several (not all) symbols...

2. Bob111

Bob111

first of all-what security type you are talking about? stocks,bonds,futures..whatever..US or international? what about audit file? same thing?

3. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

Plain vanilla stocks. I looked through the TWS logs; not sure I understand everything in there but nothing glaringly suspicious. I catch most submission problems in my own code via the error callback anyway and haven't seen anything suspicious. Okay may be if no one else is seeing this, it is my code...

4. Bob111

Bob111

no problem so far. as for audit file-the info in it -does it match with status colors TWS?
    i remember one situation,where according to audit file-orders are routed properly and acknowledged,but status color in TWS was different. i would just keep eye on it. if same thing happens again-then i would look into it. IB have very bad habit to change things on their side without notifying their customers. for example few days ago the changed logic of how GAT orders are working in basket file. could be something on their side,could be on yours. cold be in between-in settings or order properties

5. Had the same problem today, but only in the sim account...trades in the live account were transmitting okay. I've had this problem a few times before in the live account though...IB's instructions were basically to keep restarting everything until it went away. They didn't seem real concerned with getting to the bottom of it, so no surprise that it's an ongoing issue.

6. Bob111

Bob111

oh yeah... today i had same thing on sim too. status light blue stayed forever. no problem on real account.

7. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

I have my log level set to "error" so not sure if I'm seeing the status info there. I do see the transmission of orders. not seeing the incoming ack message so I think TWS is showing the right status. I was thinking that there might have been something screwed up this morning with SMART routing. Will keep an eye out. Seems like all the un-ack'd quotes got finally acknowledged after 10+ minutes.

8. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

Okay yes I neglected to say it was in my sim account. Thanks to both of you for confirming it's prob not my code.