IB pro market data + other sources

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by luisHK, Feb 3, 2011.

1. luisHK

luisHK

I'm desesperately trying to subscribe to some european market data this morning but impossible to log on the account management and subscription page. Only TWS working...

Does it happen often ??

#11     Feb 10, 2011
  2. luisHK

luisHK

If I get live market data from Etrade or prorealtime.com or another source, do you know wether it's possible to link this data to TWS, so when I pass orders through IB I don't get the warning pop up stating IB discourages users to order without having live market data - which can be a serious waste of time ?

#12     Feb 27, 2011
  3. From what I've seen only esignal data can be sent into TWS. That said just disable that warning message and you won't have to see it.

#13     Feb 27, 2011
  4. luisHK

luisHK

I can't seem to disable it. Even sent a ticket to IB on the topic and their reply was I can't disable it unless I register to market data :confused:

I'm not much into scalping but beeing slowed that quarter second or so might hurt sometimes - it doesn't appear when I modify an existing order though.

Thanks about the tip on eSignal, I will check their offer.

#14     Feb 27, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

i trade pro account without any data subscription. data coming from retail account into my app. via API..no warning message. there is one at first time you submit an order,but if you click do not show this again(or something similar)-it won't appear next time.

#15     Feb 27, 2011
  6. luisHK

luisHK

I'm afraid clicking on this message doesn't work for my account - actually after the first time I press "don't show me this message again" i don't get anymore the option to click it and the message still appears.

Besides how do you work the following out ?

"data coming from retail account into my app. via API "

Is it coming from a IB retail account ? I would like to use data coming from my Etrade corporate account or from outside sources - I checked esignals and you need to rent their trading platform as well, I would probably be more interested in prorealtime.com

#16     Feb 27, 2011
  7. Bob111

Bob111

yes. two stand alone TWS instances are open,one retail(or paper account,associated with this retail account),one pro. like i said before-the data coming from retail account into my own, homemade application and same application handles the orders on pro account.
    it's possible and really simple,if you know a bit of programming.
    kinda like bridge\link between two accounts.
    have no clue about esignal. but i've seen something about TWS and esignal data. here-

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...uidebook/configuretws/esignal_market_data.htm

you probably can have retail subscription at esignal and should be able to use it in TWS.

there is also DDE link option in TWS. basically what it mean is that you can use any other data source from any provider,which allow you stream data into excel and using this DDE link you can place orders from your excel application. but again-if you have no clue about all this stuff-it would be impossible for you to put it together.

#17     Feb 28, 2011
  8. luisHK

luisHK

Thanks Bob for the tips ! Indeed I have no clue whatsoever about programing, but could ask a more computer savvy person to set the following from the data I get through PowerEtrade.

"there is also DDE link option in TWS. basically what it mean is that you can use any other data source from any provider,which allow you stream data into excel and using this DDE link you can place orders from your excel application. but again-if you have no clue about all this stuff-it would be impossible for you to put it together."

What is order speed though placing orders the excell application ? Is it better than just reconfirm the order after TWS pops up the warning about lack of market data ? Besides does it mean my computer hard drive will keep record of all transactions ?

#18     Mar 3, 2011
  9. Bob111

Bob111

dunno about speed,but shouldn't be any huge difference between let's say API or manual order. dunno about pop up either. you can open paper account and try whatever on it.. computer won't do\store anything by itself,without your command.

#19     Mar 3, 2011