IB - PLEASE stop those new "features"

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by local_crusher, Apr 14, 2006.

1. If the reply is for me, I use the socket interface API and do not want to even see the application running. There are plenty of traders who want a GUI free interface to their accounts.

If there were a lightweight access to accounts, native to MS-Windows rather than Java, you have the potential for an entire industry of software which could expand your client base from those who are putting up with TWS one way or the other.

#41     Jul 3, 2006
  2. [the above post was just deleted - it should be directly above]

I'm sure you are tired of customers complaining about Java, certainly I would be. It was pretty clear this direction was a deadend long time ago, nothing gunna happen.

Looked at the IB-gateway and FIX approach at one point. More Java!

My take is to just use old releases until you push them over the cliff. Just came to this forum to look for something else and noticed this recurring theme regarding IB software for the past few years.... Wasn't me that started it! :)

#42     Jul 3, 2006
  3. Bob111

Bob111

i have 854_7 PM me,if interested

#43     Jul 3, 2006
  4. If anyone from IB is interested in a proposal that could help API oriented users, the CyberTrader PDT jail thread morphed into a suggestion which might be a possible twist for IB. Moving the pieces around a bit. I've suggested it before on the Yahoo group as well, FWIW.

Around reply 25. Don't know how to add link.

-Jim

#44     Jul 8, 2006