IB - penny option pricing *now*

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gaj, Oct 24, 2006.

1. This problem only started recently, so seemingly it came because of the recent version:
    We can't add any more pages than about 10, as the system claims we already have the maximum of 26 pages.

#51     Nov 7, 2006
  2. When placing an order for options, and you are asked if you want also the underlying derivative/stock, and you say yes, it longer appears together with the option, rather somewhere else down the page.

#52     Nov 7, 2006
  3. arl

arl

When I loaded the new 864, the problems were with orders submitted through the API. Orders were showing as accepted, but nothing in the TWS, and at other times I could not cancel orders through the API, only through the TWS. One of the times that I restarted my system, the TWS hung while loading. I only used it for a short time, so I don't know if I can replicate these problems.

#53     Nov 8, 2006
  4. Another couple of problems:
    1. As of a few versions ago, we are not able to jump from IB to another internet link (nor even account balance, or trades, etc.) opened on my screen without first reducing IB's TWS first, and the time factor can be important.

2. When we have two or more orders to one stock that we have pre-prepared to modify, when we send one order, often the other pre-prepared modification disapears. (I am not sure for how long this problem has existed).

#54     Nov 8, 2006
  5. Problem corrected by uninstalling and re-installing Java.

After much effort, found that the cause of this problem is the drawing pin at the upper right hand corner of the page.

#55     Nov 9, 2006
  6. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

Option Trader, I could not reproduce this in TWS current build. Would you please PM me with detials on it? Thanks!

#56     Nov 9, 2006
  7. Problem corrected by us when we removed Penny Options. Perhaps what happened is that because we have been monitoring many stocks, TWS counted it as if we had "opened a separate page" for each stock??

#57     Nov 12, 2006