IB - penny option pricing *now*

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gaj, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Cancel fees are still applied as standard.

If you execute against a displayed penny bid/offer then it "should trade" - but not guaranteed as it will still need to go to the exchange to execute.

#11     Oct 24, 2006
  2. So it would be possible to have a bid at 1.23 and have the market trade at 1.20 but not be filled if you weren't first in the cue then?

Thanks,

TNG

#12     Oct 24, 2006
  3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Yes, that could happen - if you're not at the front of the queue, and the opposing sell order didn't come in via us (we do have a very significant market share).

#13     Oct 25, 2006
  4. Ok, good to know. Cool feature though. Can't wait for the exchanges to get on board....

Thanks,

TNG

#14     Oct 25, 2006
  5. Does this include brokers who send their order flow thru IB?

#15     Oct 25, 2006
  6. When this feature is offered by the all brokers in January, will IB's current advantage become moot?

#16     Oct 25, 2006
  7. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

No, because what is comming in January is a 12-18 month long pilot on 13 option classes. What IB is offering is all the classes listed by BOX and ISE and it is offering it now.

#17     Oct 25, 2006
  8. Can I still get a worse price if I want, then post nasty things about IB when I do? Just asking so some of the IB bashers won't have to.

I'm sure there will be some issues with this (mostly caused by "user error") but I think this is AWESOME. Yet another way IB is making things better (I LOVE the expired contract thing -- just get options going back 1-2 months and it will be perfect).

SSB

#18     Oct 25, 2006
  9. This is such a superbly cool understatement :cool: thank you.

Great innovation btw, and a good example of out-of-the-box thinking, using your power where it is needed. Great stuff.

Ursa..

#19     Oct 25, 2006
  10. I think IB missed my other question:
    Does this market share issue mean only IB themselves, or also includes brokers who send order flow to IB?

#20     Oct 25, 2006