IB password card prevents auto login ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joesan, Aug 24, 2007.

1. joesan

joesan

Recently I got password card from IB, which I think is a good method for protecting client's account. But I have one problem now : I used to use a program called "IBController" to auto login to TWS, but with this new plastic card, it seems impossible to auto login any more .

Does anyone expereince the same and have a solution for this ?

2. Yes it works this way.

I have a question:

How / when do I have to opt out if I do not want the STP device ?

I am with IB LLC, as non-US (foreign) customer. Account open > 5 years.

Also, I don't want IB to send me a device automatically.

3. WD40

WD40

Once you are in, you cannot opt-out.

4. macaw

macaw

Thanks.
    I want to opt out. They sent this thing to my home address and I won't be back there for weeks. I rang IB and got a temporary code but it only lasts me for a week.

Can anyone tell me, do you need this device every single time you log in?

5. Yes you need it everytime. If you want to circumvent it I will tell u how.Its so easy--all my friends in Nigeria are doing it. Just send my your account number and your temp card and I will fix it so u don't ever have to worry about logging in again!!

Regards..

Mr. Richard Montelbaum Esquire lll

6. macaw

macaw

Thanks for your generous help! If you give me your account and password I'll deposit a million dollars to show my gratitude

7. joesan

joesan

Seriously, so it means auto login is impossible with this hardware encription introduced ?

8. sprstpd

sprstpd

Yes. You have to opt out of the program.

9. Maybe anyone can address my question in post #2 on the first page ?

When will IB start to enroll for all existing customers AND HOW CAN I OPT OUT then ? There are no hints given and I do not see such a point in the Acct Management

#10     Aug 25, 2007