IB passes $3 billion in liabilities in q2 2006

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by just21, Jul 29, 2006.

1. just21

just21

I will use customer deposits when I post this figure next quarter.

#11     Jul 31, 2006
  2. Daal

Daal

Yup, thank god morons like you exist or I'd probably be broke

#12     Jul 31, 2006
  3. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

I.e. I know you are but what am I? :D

#13     Jul 31, 2006
  4. alanm

alanm

Why post it at all? These threads always turn into nothing but flame wars.

#14     Jul 31, 2006
  5. ============
    Good one, T henry;
    same way banks call savings accounts ''liabilities'':cool:

#15     Jul 31, 2006
  6. just21

just21

It is of interest to customers that IB is growing quickly and is financially secure. If IB were not growing I would know IB was not competitive and would look for a better deal.

#16     Jul 31, 2006
  7. Pig

#17     Jul 31, 2006
  8. alanm

alanm

Customers who care, though, would already know and see this without having to read about it here. Also, growth in customer assets is not necessarily indicative of anything. For example, I currently have an account with a broker with a balance sheet so small, it's scary. Yet, it's worth the risk for what they offer. A broker works well for me based on what they offer and how they operate. Once they are over a certain size (which IB passed long ago), their size has little to do with it.

#18     Jul 31, 2006
  9. oink. :D

#19     Jul 31, 2006
  10. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

True.

Sure but it's not so much the size as IB's rate of growth. The rate of growth is impressive, no doubt. And it says a lot about IB.

But... I worry that they might be growing faster than their systems can handle. Especially worrisome should a market event occur in the near future.

In any event, of course not all of the growth (customer accounts) is in their retail arm given that retail accounts average $5-10k. With that in mind, I believe IB would make every effort to accomodate the needs of their institutional clients especially in the technology department.

#20     Jul 31, 2006