IB Passcode Card

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Wayne Gibbous, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Got this plastic card in the mail today. Has a bunch of "index" numbers that are keyed to 3-digit codes.

Sez in the letter to go to your account and activate under the User Management link. Wasn't there. I was puzzled anyway, because I already use the token device.

Then I remembered my IRA account. I never got a device for that. So now, I guess, I will have to type in the codes from the card. Beats having to use the token, I suppose. Don't access that account much.

Good trading to all. :cool:

2. nonam

nonam

I thought I was going to be able to operate both my margin account and my IRA with the one token device.:confused:

3. teun

teun

I also received the passcode card.

I assume the $150 fine when not returning when closing an account does only apply to the electronic devices and not the cards?

4. Koppanyi

Koppanyi

I haven't received Passcode Card but earlier an email was sent by IB to activate them. I thought no card, no activating.
    So, today afternoon I couldn't login to TWS and account management either. I wrote IB about it. After a while an automatic response was received from IB, and wrote that my email was transferred to CIMS and the answer will be on the CIMS' interface inside acc. management.
    :p

It's a joke.

5. John - IB

John - IB

You are correct the $150 fee only applies to gold/platinum devices when they are not returned after account closure.

Passcode cards can simply be destroyed.

-John

6. Koppanyi

Koppanyi

John,

Thank you for your answer. My e-mail was sent.

Regards,

Koppanyi

7. BushBaby

BushBaby

Hi,

You are lucky to be based in the USA.

I am in europe, and the card is expected to take 28 days to arrive, yet .. some 15 days into the emails, saying I have to activate a card (I cant have yet received), my account is now
    unable to be accessed.

This is such poor customer 'service', that it belies belief. I have so far sent 4 emails, and called the 'help' desk twice, only to be fobbed off by either incompetant or clueless repondees.

Security is fine, but, in the midst of a very velotile market, I am now denied access, and will have to try and contact the 'help' desk again tomorrow, for another battle.

This has left a very bad taste, and as soon as my current contracts expire, will think clearly about finding another broker.

8. That sucks.

I have a buddy who never get the card and its afraid of losing tws login in this day of wild markets.

I think IB find a major glith on their system and they freak out huge, switching all their customer to SD in an irrational hurry.

Otherwise, it makes nosense the way they're handling this.