IB paper statements

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by SideShowBob, Feb 21, 2010.

1. i got some today. They were advisor client accounts. I suspect they did this for all sub-accounts as an anti-fraud measure.

#31     Feb 22, 2010
  2. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Just to clarify:

Quarterly paper statements are being sent to Financial Advisor client accounts only. We are not extending this to any other account type.

#32     Feb 23, 2010
  3. Steve I know customer service is not IB's best feature (no insult intended) but it would have been useful to notify us......and is there any way to opt out of this?

#33     Feb 23, 2010
  4. Steve_IB, who was the genius at IB that decided to print the account number above the account holders name on the envelope?

There is every reason not to have the account number printed on the envelope and it serves no useful purpose, but there it is, plain as day.

This is a clear security policy violation and privacy policy violation.

#34     Feb 24, 2010
  5. JackR

JackR

I agree it should not be there but ... It is not your on-line log-in account number, it's your actual account number.

Between registered IP addresses and the security tokens I think it's pretty useless to a hacker or other thief going through your trash. But IB should get rid of it. In general the account name and the info on the statement identifying the account and the name of the advisor should be enough for an advisee to figure out what's going on.

Again I agree and IB should drop the number from the envelope.

Jack

#35     Feb 24, 2010