IB P&L does not include commissions?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by freewilly, Apr 11, 2007.

1. I have a simulation trading account. I am trading stocks only. I do intraday swing, closing all my positions before 4pm.

It seems the P&L on IB trading page does not include commssions and fees. Can anyone confirm this? Is there a setting I can change to make the P&L include fees? ($0.005 per share).

Thanks in advance,

Freewilly

2. If you look in your account window, your realized and unrealized P&L will be an after-commissions figure.

3. This is my account value this morning before I started trading. I had no positions at all. My account value was $103942.54

4. At the end of the day, I closed all my positions, the P&L on my trading page was:
    $7461

5. Then at the end of the day, I had no positions, and my account value was:
    $110982.54

My acount value increased $7040, but my P&L was $7461. The differece is $7461-$7040=$421. That $421 seems my commssion, but it is not shown anywhere on my account.

6. Adrian12

Adrian12

Try Buttontrader Commish is incl.. Front end for IB

7. Ezekiel

Ezekiel

This is from IB's TWS User Guide

RealizedPNL- Shows your profit on closed positions, which is the difference between your entry execution cost
    (execution price + commissions to open the position) and exit execution cost ((execution price + commissions to close the position)

so commish are just embedded into the overall transaction once the position is closed out from my understanding

8. FuTuRez

FuTuRez

I believe you have to open a sim account through your regular account, at least subject to monthly minimum fees...

9. Hi, Ezekiel,
    Thanks.

I saw that as well, and that what I believed, i.e., P&L includes fees.

However, that's not what I see on my account. Evereyday, my account doesn't add up. The P&L on my trading page must not have fees included.