IB order entry integrated with Esignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ThePerm, May 12, 2002.

1. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

GeorgeSoros, you are fairly close. Besides a choice of Integrated Brokers, we will have Back Testing. Then some more improvements of our Advanced Charts and eSignal Formula Script - with speed enhancements. And then, a few other surprises.

Chuck
    @eSignal

#21     Jun 12, 2002
  2. I hope to see some script formula inside quotesheet.:)

#22     Jun 13, 2002
  3. So do I...

So far quote sheets in eSignal are a thing of the past : they just give quotes : no script formula (would be a subset of EFS?), no studies in it...

It seems it is not a priority for them...Sometimes I wonder if eSignal is for daytraders or for investors when I see their priority list :-(

#23     Jun 13, 2002
  4. ThePerm

ThePerm

Great to hear about the IB integration.

As for formulas in quote box, I'm for that feature as well

It would be great to have formula light up a row in a quote box because it had triggered an alert.

#24     Jun 13, 2002
  5. Maybe we should start a thread for eSignal 7 required enhancements to make them know our ideas...

#25     Jun 13, 2002
  6. GeorgeSoros,
    as ThePerm have mentionned, quote sheet are very usefull for a daytrader and for many of us, this is the best way for to trig a signal on a basket of stocks, because we can have a bigger view over the market with a very limited space on the screen. I love graphic, (I have 6 monitors) but I have alway a quotesheet for to follow activity over about 100 stocks each day. The alarm on stock are too many limited for to be an alternative.

I don't want feature for to obtain a gadget, I dislike these thing that use too many CPU time, but I think that this feature will be a competitive adavantage.

Your suggestion for to start a thread about required enhancements for eSignal is a nice idea.

#26     Jun 15, 2002
  7. Even if it seem a great news to see that IB will be integrate inside eSignal, it seem that eSignal developper team will have the challenge to work with the same API limitation that every programmers have with IB API and that it will not be possible to route directly on ISLD or a specific ECN from eSignal trading system, but only use their BEST (now SMART) option. This problem have been recently discussed on eSignal yahoo forum. Maybe it is now the time to ask at IB team to drop this limitation if we want to obtain a usefull interface with eSignal.

#27     Jun 15, 2002
  8. Does someone know how eSignal will handle multiple IB accounts inside their integration? It will so simple than click an account for to make the switch between them?

#28     Jun 19, 2002