IB order delays

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mtzianos, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Over the past couple of months (since late Aug05), I have been experiencing LONG delays (3-5sec or more, sometime 10+ sec) in order confirmation / cancellation. Across all futures markets (CME, CBOT, Eurex)

During the same time, market data from IB updates fine.

IB has been responsive in asking for feedback, but problem persists, it's very frustrating and very costly (due to API app giving up waiting for confirmation after some time, losing sync with TWS and resulting in naked non-bracketed orders etc).

Anyone else experiencing similar behaviour?

2. nassau

nassau

I have found that the data disappears for a few seconds at least once a day.
    Execution seems to freeze for several seconds on random stocks several times a day before the stock exection actually gets completed, when it was working fine previously.

w

3. Well, after lots of tests and problems (missing trades, closing un-bracketed positions asap etc) I've gone BACK to previous version of TWS 851.9 (which was current, before the problems appeared in Sep05) and sofar everything seems to work fine again.

Hope this helps.

4. rwk

rwk

That happened to me this morning. I cancelled and re-submitted an order, and both were filled. I assumed that the problems was with the ECN, but it sounds like you are saying there is something wrong at IB.

5. Thanks for the heads up, mtzianos. I've been delaying my update to TWS 853, and I guess it just isn't safe to do it yet. It's really a shame that IB puts such a low priority on quality, and instead keeps adding new things without making sure that the old things work. IB is the best, but it would be way better with some quality control.