IB or Tradestation

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by telozo, Jun 13, 2002.

1. PXG

PXG

I have accounts with both IB and TS, and am happy with both. They are different, and both of them have their advantages, and disadvantages, so they balance each other out.
    I would suggest, to open accounts with both if you have no trading broker yet, and have enough capital. You will need a back up broker to hedge your positions, when your main broker goes down.
    As for TS's confirmations, this is causing me concerns. I have been trading with TS for only 2 months, and already 2 of my trading confirmations got lost in the mail. They contain the account number and social security number.... I also still haven't received my monthly statement for May yet. As a benefit of doubt, we have moved 2 weeks ago, so the monthly statement might still be forwarded.
    I talked to TS about this, and they said they can not do anything about the way confirmations and statements are beeing sent out, since they are only introducing broker to BS. The only thing they can do, is to send me duplicates, which they did.
    What is your experience with confirmations and statements from TS?

#21     Jun 14, 2002
  2. I use eSignal

#22     Jun 14, 2002