IB or Thinkorswim?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ozzie123, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ozzie123

ozzie123

Hello,

I have a hard time to choose between Interactive Brokers and Thinkorswim. Can you guys give me some input about how these two broker spar against each other (in terms of commissions, trading terminal, etc)?

I'm usually doing several trades (under 10) per week with around 2 weeks holding period.

2. How about some information on WHAT you are trading... :)

3. MTE

MTE

Check out broker reviews for both, you'll get the idea.

4. I stated stocks with Fidelity (free gold account from my employer), then went with TOS for options.

Now I'm looking at moving my Fid to IB and keeping TOS. From what I've seen IB and TOS would complement each other well and provide most of what anyone could want retail.

5. ozzie123

ozzie123

Oops, I really forgot :p

I'm mainly trading options with occasionally buying stocks (for rental income that is -- but rarely).

6. MTE

MTE

Opinions vary, but I doubt anyone can beat Thinkorswim when it come to options. True, commissions are higher than IB's, but commissions are not everything...

7. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Wow, I am surprised to hear this. Would you mind elaborating as to exactly what TOS does better for you than IB?

Thank you.

8. MTE

MTE

As I said, opinions vary.

I like their platform.

9. Gustaf

Gustaf

It would be nice to have the probability of expiration on options for example.

I like the overview better with IB, having all positions in one page.

10. No complaints, just prodding along IB:

No extra charge for direct routed option orders (and you might have a special negotiated rate with them) , no cancellation fees.

#10     Oct 29, 2006