IB or MB Trading?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bandit77, Jan 22, 2006.

1. WD40

WD40

#51     Jan 24, 2006
  2. WD40 wrote:

this does not show the full picture, but worth knowing it is available.

http://www.cftc.gov/tm/tmfcm.htm
    ............................................................................

Thank you for the link WD40...

Are these the comparative numbers I should be looking at ?

Interactive Brokers LLC 11/30/2005 $170,404,617

MBT Technologies LLC 11/30/2005 $1,164,468

Penson Financial Futures 11/30/2005 $1,276,713

Thank you.....

#52     Jan 24, 2006
  3. nassau

nassau

impossible, you can not of been with IB for the last 3years with no problems, no issues, unless you do not trade.

if you are going to put in two cents worth to someone looking for help then ethically you should at least tell the truth.

constant upgrades some mandatory, data feed issues, execution problems ( on the whole - good), support, phone waiting etc..

but again this is the nature of the beast..

IB is just a broker, with costs better than some, tech support getting better, but almost daily has data feed issues, software however you wish to state it. This also happens with the other brokers I have accounts with. Depending on your position will depend on your opinion. If you lose data feed and can not exit and are on hold vs. being a position trader with a long term exit goal long or short then the daily glitches will have less of an impact.
    We are commodities as are the stocks..plain and simple

w

#53     Jan 24, 2006
  4. just21

just21

#54     Jan 24, 2006
  5. No, those numbers do not mean what you attempt to imply. Penson Financial Services remains a much larger company than IB. Again, you attempt to compare apples to oranges, but to what end? Comparing regulatory net cap wouldn't have warned you in advance about REFCO. I find it quite odd that a trader of your supposed experience would not have known what those numbers indicated.

- Spydertrader

#55     Jan 24, 2006
  6. h22gordo

h22gordo

Hello everyone, my first post here in the forums.

I have been looking for the right broker for several months now. This is great reading here, as I was stuck between FXCM and IB. However, now reading about MB Trading, makes me want to reconsider. Customer service is a huge plus in my book, and is what will make or break the deal.

I have been paper trading with FXCM for the past few months, and I just opened a demo account with MB to see how that goes.
    So far, I like what I hear about MB.

I tried contacting IB, to get some basic information, and on my first try calling, the phone rang for about a minute straight with no answer! Not a big deal, so I decide to try a live chat. Well in order to do live chat with IB, you have to be an account holder! So in order for me to ask some questions to IB, I need to open an account before I can talk with them! Not happening! If its that hard to get ahold of them just to ask some basic questions, then I won't even bother to waste my time. It seems like the bigger firms have grown way TOO big to help private traders like me, and give me some "personalized" service.

#56     Jan 24, 2006
  7. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

LonEagle,

We do already have Forex however at the moment you need to use a separate login for it. Shortly you will be able to trade Forex from the same login.

#57     Jan 24, 2006
  8. alanm

alanm

So much confusion.

Clearing Firms must provide their financials to customers. Brokers do not have to. It has nothing to do with being public or private, though a public company must provide them regardless of their capacity.

Your broker provides technology, customer service, and front-ends on which to trade. Your clearing firm holds your money and settles your trades.

If you're worried about financial stability and visibility, it's the clearing firm you need to look at, not the broker. I doubt most of those looking for financials are trying to make sure the lights will stay on and the phones will be answered - they're concerned about the safety of their dough.

IB is private, but because they are a clearing firm, they disclose their financials. Their debt is even rated by S&P or someone like that.

#58     Jan 24, 2006
  9. ths1

ths1

I have a small account with MB and I'm trading 800 - 1000 option contracts per month. At the moment, there are no option chains for some symbols in there navigator software! They have a lot of such issues with option trading.
    The customer support is of no help!
    I have 2 accounts with IB and I had no problems with option trading in 6 years!
    After this problem today, I think, I will close my account with MB.

#59     Jan 30, 2006
  10. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

ths1..........

I would be happy to help. Can you give me a little information to work with? What was the symbol and when did you call in? Who did you speak with? Please feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Steve

#60     Jan 30, 2006