IB - Options quote error on Monday?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by thecalip, May 8, 2006.

1. I am watching the options quote on Google this morning, and most of the time the bid is higher than the ask. I am looking at the in the money are near money call and put. What's going on?

2. gangof4

gangof4

not just ib, it's everywhere (well, all 3 brokerages i have accounts with). looks like the b/a are f-ed up on the boston, which is messing up all the composite quotes. seems to have caused the spreads on all the other exchanges to go up. the thing that i don't get is who is doing all the volume (ie: aapl ee, eo, etc) when the market for the contracts is such a mess...

3. nassau

nassau

market data is down, the quotes are not accurate and you get a locked market or no executions..this is will most exchanges right now..
    if you got executed you could find your options busted later.

w

4. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

This is an industry wide problem. OPRA (The Options Price Reporting Authority) has technical problems disseminating the data. The current estimate for the recovery is 30 minutes.

5. gangof4

gangof4

i was thinking the same- re: busted trades. i imagine some of the trades i've watched has been people trying to take advantage of the mess- gotta think all those are going to get busted.

this has totally screwed me too- lot of my underlyings were up >a buck and are now unch or worse= those calls are >25% off their high. AKAM and BA are making me feel ill. should have just put in the trades and hope it got sorted out instead of watching 1.90 to 1.30 and .75 to .50 ouch.

6. arl

arl

still no ISE quotes for goog