IB OPtions Complex order - Underlying

Discussion in 'Options' started by froluis, Jan 26, 2010.

1. froluis

froluis

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to set a complex order with IB that will put a LIMIT order to sell/buy at mid point an option when the underlying reaches a certain level.
    Thanks in advance for your help

2. not with TWS.

3. Additional question: Is there a way to have TWS calculate the number of shares itself when I click on the bid or ask according to a preset notional I like to trade for stocks?

And also, would anybody know of a way to load a text file that contains a long/short stock basket with tickers, limit prices, share size... into TWS so the positions dont need to all be set up manually? I am aware I can do all that in Excel and send orders directly from there but I am just curious whether it can be done through an upload.

Thanks a lot!

4. Additional question: Is there a way to have TWS calculate the number of shares itself when I click on the bid or ask according to a preset notional I like to trade for stocks?
    >>You mean outside of options right? Yes you can set your default size (based on nbr of shares or based on $$$ and when you hit bid/ask it will use that to calculate your position. There's two settings I think one initial trade and one to add to the position. e.g.. start a trade with 10k and every additional trade on that position can be 5k (share equivalent).

And also, would anybody know of a way to load a text file that contains a long/short stock basket with tickers, limit prices, share size... into TWS so the positions dont need to all be set up manually? I am aware I can do all that in Excel and send orders directly from there but I am just curious whether it can be done through an upload.

>>Yes you can do that too, it's called basket orders. You can even load them into a OCA group. It's basically a CSV file that you can generate from excel.

Hope that helps

Thanks a lot!

5. froluis

froluis

OK Thanks. I guess the easiest way is to hedge with the underlying at the predefine level. I can't use the excel API because of very bad internet connections

6. froluis

froluis

Forget the above post, in fact I can't hedge. if I have profit on a delta neutral short straddle for exemple, can't lock it with the underlying.. Will have to use mail alert...:mad:

7. hlpsg

hlpsg

yes there is. use the alert feature to trigger a trade when a certain condition is hit. I think the REL order type will work for your case, set offset to 0 if you want mid prices.

8. spindr0

spindr0

I don't know but here's a page full of IB algoritms

http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=orderTypes

9. froluis

froluis

Very Interesting. Will study that in detail tomorrow.

Many thanks Spindr0 and hlpsg.

10. great , thanks for the info. Re the setup of notional I wanna trade where can I find that, the only thing I found was a setting for the default number of shares, but not on a dollar notional basis.

thanks

#10     Jan 27, 2010